Medeco Deadbolts & Cylinders
With clean graceful lines, the Maxum deadbolt is as much a work of beauty as it is a symbol of strength. It features a clean, concealed hardware design that is at home on any door, but behind the beauty is the true essence of the lock. The residential Maxum incorporates every high security locking principle found in the legendary commercial version of the lock. With the highest quality materials and craftsmanship, this lock will provide protection and lasting beauty for generations.
- The residential Maxum deadbolt began with the legendary Maxum commercial lock. By redesigning the solid brass outer components to fit the flowing lines of residential architecture, Medeco has created the perfect combination of beauty and strength.
- Unmatched Security Behind its beauty, the Maxum is unapologetically a UL437 Listed, BHMA A156.5 Grade 1 Certified deadbolt, offering unmatched protection against unauthorized key duplication, bumping attacks, picking, drilling, wrenching, kicking, or other physical abuse. A solid 1” hardened steel bolt in heavy gauge steel housing provides maximum defense against physical attack.
- Control Over Your Keys The locking technology in the Maxum residential deadbolt carries a BHMA A156.30 Certification, giving you the assurance that your keys are fully protected from unauthorized duplication as well as a UL 437 Listing for protection against picking and drilling attacks. With this protection, you are assured of knowing exactly who has access to your possessions and loved ones. This deadbolt, like all Medeco Residential locks, can be master-keyed for maximum flexibility.
- Available In Many Styles & Finishes The Maxum is available in single and double cylinder functions and in most popular finishes.
Exceeds ANSI Grade 1 standard for auxiliary locks. Solid brass, free turning collar and 1/4 inch diameter mounting bolts resist wrenching, prying and hammering attacks. 1 inch throw hardened steel bolt resists sawing and crowbar attacks. Hardened steel inserts and rotating pins provide drill and pick resistance according to UL 437 standard. The Medeco3 design offers a utility patent that provides protection against unauthorized key duplication.
Features & Benefits:
- Bolt mechanism designed to accommodate both mortise and drive-in applications, which provide greater flexibility and ease of installation.
- Solid brass collar spins under pressure to prevent wrench attacks.
- Large thumbturn provides ease of use by physically challenged individuals.
- Steel shroud over bolt protects against “ice pick” type attacks.
- High security strike plate has a special box design with 2” screws that anchor the strike directly to the building structure behind the frame, preventing “kick-in” type attacks.
- Hardened steel bolt and bolt throwing mechanism are surrounded by a heavy-gauge tubular steel housing for maximum resistance to crowbar attacks.
- Solid brass design is secured with high-tensile steel mounting bolts for maximum resistance against hammer and prying attacks.
- Utility patented key control, (for cylinders that incorporate the Medeco3 design), provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys.
- A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance.
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, and the reciprocal slider of the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco® to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry.
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance.
- 8 different finishes provide an extremely close color match with existing hardware.
- UL437 listing provides assurance that cylinders meet universal standards for drill and pick resistance and resistance against other types of forced attack.
- 2 year Maxum carries a limited lifetime mechanical warranty.
Pick & Bump Attack Resistance
Pick and bump attack resistance is accomplished through the use of specially designed pins that must be elevated and rotated to an exact position in order for the lock to operate. False slots on the sides of the pins, along with mushroom-shaped top pins, and with the incorporation of the reciprocal slider mechanism, further enhance the cylinder’s pick resistance.
To resist drilling, hardened steel inserts are used to protect critical areas of the plug face, shell, and sidebar. Additional drill resistance is provided by hardened steel rods inside the bottom pins and selective use of hardened steel top pins.
Protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys is accomplished through the use of strong utility patents and strict factory key control policies. An additional restriction on key cutting occurs due to the fact that a special key cutting must be used to accurately reproduce the critical angled cuts on a Medeco key.